Sunday, August 17, 2014
Wednesday, August 13, 2014
Tuesday, August 12, 2014
- Eat healthier, less carbs and more fresh foods rather than packaged - I know I said I was not going to weigh but I did this morning and will again every month. Surprising my weight was pretty much where it was still after I got ill that time. Also coming into Spring/Summer it is so much easier to eat healthier and fresher :).
- Start getting into a walking plan with Chico - no real goals but would like to be walking 5-6k's comfortably 5 days a week by the time we fly out :).
- Be off most if not all my meds, but will be off the methadone, and will probably still use Panadol and Tramadol as needed.
- Start saving for my spending money, we have enough money for the trip, hire car, tickets, accommodation etc... so I just need spending money. So no more buying after what I have just ordered in the last few weeks arrive lol. Am going to keep an eye on the Aussie $ and if it starts dropping we will go and get some cash changed over.
- Keep focusing on distraction and meditations to help with pain as I reduce the meds.
I am also going to keep blogging more regularly again, it helps me to focus on my goals, so there you go thats what is happening me with me :)
Monday, August 11, 2014
- I have moved my makeup table etc into the spare room, now that Steph has moved out, so it is brilliant that I can do my makeup in peace, and not wake up David in the morning when I am doing it etc.....
- Though the mornings have been rather chilly like minus 1's, 2's and 3's, we have had some lovely sunny days, where I sit in the recliner and enjoy the warmth of the sun on my body while I study :) - having said that today is overcast and yukk....
- I am still reducing my meds, the pain has increased but not sure if that is the weather or the med reduction or both - in summer I will be able to tell I hope.
- Study is going ok, I dropped 1 paper as the workload was just to much :)
- Plans for moving to Aussie are still on track :)
- My hair is in drastic need of a cut and roots bleached but as it is winter I am holding of as long as possible, hoping I can get another 2 weeks before I go to the hairdresser, why because I have to drive about 50 minutes through the gorge to get to my hairdresser and there is heaps of black ice on the road, and I can not make an afternoon appointment as I am too out of it to drive in the afternoons - also I just can't be bothered right at the moment going to Tauranga. Speaking of haircuts Miss Chico got a nice clip on the weekend, so she is looking all pretty again :).
Anyway the other day we took MIL out for lunch and this is what I wore....
Leggings - 'Autograph' (No longer in stock)
Jumper - 'TS14Plus' (I could not find it, so maybe sold out)
Shoes - 'Converse'
Flower - Some market in the Gold Coast
I used the 'Urban Decay Electric Palette' for the eye shadow, colours I used were Gonzo, Chaos, and Trash
Lipstick - 'Lime Crime' - Airborne Unicorn
Nail Polish - 'Orly Color Blast - Bright Blue Neon'
Wednesday, July 30, 2014
- Update on moving to Aussie - my CRPS won't be an issue/David can get 6 months of work unpaid, so if it all goes belly up, he will still have a job.
- Will definitely be going to Aussie next year, a long story but I have been gifted $3000 so that is going towards the trip, we are thinking of staying 3 weeks next time
- Got my nails done today, was not going to get them done, but hated them all yukky
- The plane that got shot down the other week, had my dad's second cousin on there, she was coming with her partner to New Zealand to see his son (her step son sort off). My cousins also had friends on board as well - very sad, especially when it is close to home, a lot of the people came from areas where a lot of my extended family live.
- Finished shifting Gwen into her room in the retirement village, her unit is empty, ready to be renovated before the next person moves in, hope it sells quick. Its been a tough time for David, because very waking moment he has been organising the place and clearing it out, selling things etc... but all done - so we are hoping to go to Tauranga on the weekend :)
- The old blogging world is buzzing again about professional blogs/vlogs and what defines sponsoring of a blog, personally I believe a sponsored blog is when they are sent gifts regardless of if they are asked to blog/vlog about it or not, because lets face it companies send gifts in the hope they will blog/vlog about it. But apparently sponsored blog/vlogs are only where the company sends the gifts and then pays you to do like maybe three posts about something. In each case they are suppose to give their honest opinion, which I have my doubts they actually do. But if they are going to blog/vlog about something should they not check reviews from other people etc and see what they are - now why I am saying this, is there was a vlog I was watching, and she was being sponsored for her vlog (as in getting the item for free and also getting paid for doing it, and it was not a cheap item), anyway she was giving it high praise but by doing a quick search as I was once looking at it, and found terrible feedback everywhere for it, hence why I did not buy it in the end. Some of these bloggers/vloggers are highly respected and because of her they sold a few by looking at the comments, surly as a blogger/vlogger would you not research the product they are offering first, everywhere you looked it had bad reviews about breaking down etc.... I would like to think people would do their own research but obviously some of them have that much respect in these bloggers/vloggers that what they hear they believe. I know it is their income but hey if it wasn't for their likers they would not be making any money, surly if they respect their likers like they say they do, wouldn't they turn down promoting stuff that has bad feedback with not only the product but also the company. I actually wrote a comment and warned people to research the product before purchasing as the feedback on the product and company was not very good. These bloggers/vloggers have tens of thousands if not hundred of thousands people viewing their vlogs daily. I know if it was me I would never ever do a blog/vlog on stuff with bad feedback like this particular item... because I would respect my 'fans' to much for that... I have seen this sort of thing happen quite regularly on blogs/vlogs, and find it sad that people get sucked in.... and my other bitch session now again on blogs/vlogs - I was watching another one where this girl gets heaps sent to her from her fans, homemade gifts etc, and she goes on how much she treasures the gifts, has her PO Box in a prominent position and asks people to send her mail etc - well the other day she was having a clean out, and was giving a whole lot of stuff away and all the stuff was in a box ready to give away, she vlogged about it and many of her fans said they saw there stuff in the box they had sent her, which she basically called junk - whoops wrong move if you are going to vlog, don't do one where you say you are getting rid of junk, and then your viewers see there gift they sent you in a box you are giving to the op shop or whoever. If they don't want gifts etc from there likers, then don't advertise your PO Box in the description, if companies want to get hold of you, give them an email but by advertising your PO Box and saying you like receiving stuff, then certainly don't do what this person did and vlog about getting rid of junk - she lost a lot of subscribers because of this booboo.
These blogger/vloggers make bloody good money, and get sent heaps of stuff, yes a lot of it is good, but when there are things that are so obviously bad, surly they should have respect to their likers/followers and not try and sell them junk.... I know people should research but what concerns me is that a lot of the stuff they vlog about is aimed at younger people, and some of these kids are so impressionable with these vloggers that whatever they say they will believe.
Anyway thats my thoughts for today :)
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
I got a phone-call this morning regarding this website and Fashion show - It is the MADRINA FASHION SHOW - click 'here' for their Facebook page - and this what they are about from their Facebook page :)
A Complex Regional Pain Syndrome Event
To find a cure for Complex Regional Pain Syndrome.
Challenging aspiring fashion designers from around the world, to create outfits that counter the hypersensitivity of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome.
Anyway onto other things, I have tried curling my hair twice, ok it is not quite long enough but hey I need to practice, the first time was a disaster and I was left with a few burns on my scalp and face where the iron touched - whoops lol - anyway onto the second attempt which was today, not once did I burn my scalp or face and here are the photos...