Saturday, July 30, 2011

Sad news....

Yesterday I held my puppy for the last time, ok not quite a puppy she was 12 years old but my sole mate that had been through some rough times with me.... she followed me to the toilet, she would wait outside the shower for me.... she was with me all the time. Yesterday I had to make the hardest decision of my life, she was not eating and the last 24 hours had deteriorated so we took her to the vet and had her put to sleep.... I held her and she passed away in my arms.... I have not stopped crying, I miss her so much. She loved me unconditionally, she was there when I needed a friend...... 
RIP Millie I love you so much..... this photo was taken on the trip to the vet.....
Anyway on to other things..... I am joining a gym on a month by month basis, the hand therapist has agreed..... I have been doing a bit of walking but with my arm swaying it gets quite sore..... I can do the treadmill, bike and cross trainer and just rest my hand/arm. 


The meds I think seem to be working, though I am a bit dopey in the morning, not sure how I am going to cope getting up early next week with kids going back to school. Pain seems to be getting a bit less......


Anyway we are off to Tauranga for the day catch you later.

4 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhh Jaxx I'm sorry to hear about Millie hugs to you and the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry about Millie, what an aweful decision to have make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss. She looks like a beautiful dog and must have felt very loved during her lifex

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOu did the best thing for your Millie I am sure.
    {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete