Thursday, December 29, 2011

Goals and a reflection of the year.....

I have set up a page of goals I want to achieve for 2012..... up above or you can read about them here in no particular order.


Goals for 2012:


1: To lose 25 kilos following the Weight Watchers point plan
2: To video blog once a month
3: To have either been or booked a trip to Sydney 
4: To pass my university papers
5: To be able to walk 30 minutes 3 times a week without causing a flareup. 
6: To be back at work part time, either paid or voluntary work. 


Reflections of 2011:


Positives:


  • Married David and had a wonderful honeymoon in Australia
  • The twins passed NCEA level 1
  • Met Anne from Aussie and ChrisH from blog-land
  • Got Chico - our little puppy
  • Met 2 new friends with CRPS
The not so positives:

  • The CRPS spread to my wrist after a bicycle accident which required surgery (at this stage we had no idea the pain I was experiencing with my left ankle after a spiral fracture 2 1/2 years ago was CRPS. But once diagnosed it all made sense
And thats it.... so all in all a pretty good year :), the only goal I see could be an issue is getting to Sydney again money wise. But when there is a will theres a way...... even if I have not made it there this year, I want the trip at least to be planned and booked. 


So thats me for 2011 and I am excited about 2012, why because I have answers to the pain I had, and I have accepted it as much as you can, now I just need to change my lifestyle to fit in with the CRPS. 


I have changed my profile picture to a picture of me in Sydney, so that I have a gentle reminder of where I want to head :)

2 comments:

  1. I wish you luck with all your goals for the new year mate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new look! I love your goals for 2012 and that your positive reflections outweigh the negative ones.

    Wishing all the best for 2012 my friend, I know that I am going to make it my year. Sounds like you are going to join me on making it fabulous.

    ReplyDelete