Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday is here....

Kids are of to their dads for the weekend, I am going to give the drive a go to Hamilton and see how I go, if for some reason it is to much I can always stay at my Aunties, and drive home tomorrow. 


Last night we went to the night markets in town, took the chair it was ok if you want food and lots of it.... but it was good to get out. 


I am feeling slightly better today still a bit unsettled..... but am sure it wont be long till I am at my best again :).


Not much else happening :) Oh and Sarisha did you get my email if not I can be contacted on hippygalnz@gmail.com :)


Oh yeah they are going to apparently be changing the name of CRPS/RSD to Neuro Inflammatory Disease, apparently it is no longer a syndrome. to me that sounds better than Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. 


"RSD/CRPS may have a new name. "Neuro Inflammatory Disease is the name being reported to the Power of Pain Foundation by multiple researchers and scientists in the RSD community. Now that we know that RSD is a disease not a syndrome there has been a bit of buzz about a name change. We now know that when you have RSD you have glial activation or Neuro Inflammation in your spine and brain. Glial cells, sometimes called neuroglia or simply glia, are non-neuronal cells that maintain homeostasis, form myelin, and provide support and protection for neurons in the brain, and for neurons in other parts of the nervous system such as in the autonomic nervous system.[1] In the human brain, there is roughly one glia for every neuron with a ratio of about two neurons for every glia in the cerebral gray matter" -Barby Ingle



1 comment: