Saturday, June 23, 2012

I am alive again....

I feel like I am finally in the land of the living.... Still have another 3 weeks before the next semester starts but I am having next week off, then will get back into the study as some of it has arrived already. That means if I have bad days I can have them and not panic.

Had a good chat with a friend last night and we are both going to start tracking again with WeightWatchers.... I have looked at other options and this is the best for me, doing low carb is no good for me, though it works for some it does not work for others and looking on the net there is a lot of successes with WW as well as low carb, and also I see there are just as many people who fail with low carb as WW, so we have to do what is right. I know WW works for me, I just have to stay disciplined and that is what I will do. I think it is great when someone finds something that works, but everyone is different and we all have to do what is right for ourselves.

There is 26 weigh ins for me till 2013 I would love to lose about 20 kilos but I am going to focus on one day at a time and what will be will be. I know I will have to work around the pain, exercise I will work on later, but for now I am just going to focus on the food. And also there is 41 weeks to our trip, so if I could lose 30 kilos by the trip I know I will enjoy it so much more.

Study wise, I learnt a lot from last semester so no what I need to do this semester to make life a bit more simpler, and the fact that I have only 2 exams this time and they are 7 days apart will make it a bit easier as well.

So there you have my goals for the future.... For now it will be one day at a time :).

This weekend not sure what is happening, am hoping to get out a bit, the nausea tablets are working so am feeling slightly better. Should really go and see David's mum, have not been there for a while.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Rotorua

4 comments:

  1. Good for you Jackie glad your feeling a bit better and as you say you know what works for you so ....just do it one day at a time.... have a good break from studying this week and relax :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear you able to enjoy life again.

    You have a plan and once your mind is settled on it half the battle is won.

    I know it won't be easy and some days will seem impossible but with a plan you will get through.

    My goal for weight loss for the remainder of the year is 15 kg. Hopefully I will achieve it in 26 weeks. Keeping focus on the plan is so important.

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear you are feeling better and have a goal to work towards. Yep...we all have to do what is right for us. I hope it goes well for you with WW. One day at a time is all anyone can do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're feeling better. My husband was quite overweight (the doctor actually told him he was morbidly obese) and he really couldn't be bothered to do anything about it. He did however join a swim club last August and really started to enjoy it and was swimming at the beach five or six mornings a week. Without even realising it he lost 15kgs. His weight loss has slowed down now because he's finding it too cold to swim in the ocean but when the warmer season arrives he'll get back into it where he hopes to lose another 10kg. I hope WW goes well for you xx

    ReplyDelete