Sunday, August 19, 2012

Rain and more bloody rain...

This is just getting ridiculous all this bloody rain... and today is cold as well.

Had a sleepless night due to the dreaded phone-call that you get at midnight, well ours was 3am Davids mum was admitted to hospital with a heart failure, she is doing much better today now already, which is good.

Am now going to spend the rest of the day studying....

No sun thanks to the rain... no photo, could not be bothered, was not feeling quite so chirpy today, reason 1 could be I slept pretty crappy but the real reason is that I did not spend 5 minutes to do some makeup etc... 

I have been reading quite a few blogs lately about bigger people and how they do not let their size get them down... they are really positive blogs (some I have put on the blog links to the right, still a few more to put up), anyway they have really inspired me... no that does not mean I still don't want to lose some weight I do, but in the meantime I am going to accept me for who I am and treat myself with the love and respect I deserve, and enjoy life from now on :)

All in all a pretty good day, David's mum is now of oxygen so that's good, and just maybe the 10 minutes of sun just might happen :)

There really is some nice clothes out there for us bigger people, enjoy them and wear them with pride :) 

3 comments:

  1. Oh! I'm so sorry about David's mother. I do hope the medical people get things sorted. Mum had many scares with congestive heart failure. It took 2 or maybe 3 years before we got the advice which prevented these awful emergencies.

    If it is congestive heart failure there are a couple of things she can do to make it more likely she can get through the night safely.

    The simplest one is to sleep propped up so that the excess fluid is less likely to accumulate around her heart while she sleeps.

    Mum also took a small dose morphine tablet a couple of hours before going to bed. It worked, When she forgot to take it she would be unwell and breathless through the night and unwell for a couple of days.

    Of course if it was a straight out heart attack I doubt if the things I mentioned are any help.

    Sorry I can't change the rain. Our lawn is so squishy ... not nice to walk on at all.

    Hope you have a more peaceful night.

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about the rain. I was planning on planting my roses today, another weekend gone.

    Hope David's mums okay and glad she's doing better already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, I don't like those middle of the night phone calls. I hope she makes a swift recovery. Last weekend we had so appallingly cold weather but it's since been sunny. But, not warm enough. So looking forward to summer xx

    ReplyDelete