Saturday, May 25, 2013

I hate that C word.....

Yesterday my Auntie in Hamilton got diagnosed with Lung Cancer and has spread, she does not have long, here is a beautiful woman who never smoked a day in her life, walked daily and rode her bike often..... she had only been unwell for a few weeks.

She is my mums sister and my only Auntie in New Zealand, (all the others are in Holland) and became my mum when my mum passed away..... I am so sad, all mums family have passed away with cancer. 

Her immediate family are with her this weekend, and though we are more than welcome to come over, they need to spend this time together, we will go next weekend.

WHY WHY WHY?

5 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how sorry I am to hear this. You will be devastated so take a little time to be kind to yourself in the midst of feeling awful.

    Take care.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awful and bloody unfair. I am so sorry to hear your news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that Jaxx Cancer sux thinking of you

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sad - is the primary cancer in the lung or is that perhaps secondary (because she didn't smoke). This is very sad. I too hate the C word, too many of my family have died this way and it seems so common now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too hate that C word.

    very sad news for you, thinking of you x

    ReplyDelete