Friday, June 21, 2013

Another one bites the dust...

Today I did my 1k walk, in fact I did 1.04K's in a time of 12min 41 sec. Am I proud yes, am in pain yes, and it was so blimmin cold, but I put my compression gloves etc on and away I went, it was much nicer walking back as the wind was behind me. It will take me a while to get to my goal of 2k's I think as I am pretty sore right now, so will stay around this size walk for a while. Psychologically it has done me the world of good again, though I did feel a bit sad when I was thinking that only 6 weeks before I broke my leg and got CRPS, I was walking 10k's 3-4 times a week, and had just completed the half marathon.... oh well no use dwelling on the past, it is the future I need to concentrate on for now, small baby steps :).

This weekend not sure, of plans going to be ripping up some decking, well not me David will be, am going to get in one walk at least.... Chris is of to Auckland to his dads and Steph well she is working and never see her now anyway. 

Ohhhh guess what David said he would buy me a dress, well I could not find one I liked online unless it was $200 approx, and figured that was a bit expensive seeing as we are of to Aussie in just over a months time. Anyway I was reading 'this blog' and she was saying that the company 'Shop Emerald City' was closing down, which is a sad thing when small companies close down, but it meant I got a bargain on some leggings, you use the code "THANKYOU" and get 60% off.... anyway I purchased these ones, well David purchased these ones for me instead of a dress. 



Anyway now I am signing off, feeling a bit nauseous  so best I take something for it before it gets to bad :)

Anonymous - LOL I wish, those legs and shoes are not mine, just pictures of the net of someone else wearing them....I live in jandals and ballet flat shoes :)

12 comments:

  1. `Good to have some fun with clothes. You'll feel great in the leggings.

    Woohoo on the walk. I must get me act together again. After nearly 3 weeks away off the cross-trainer it will take a bit to get fit on it again. I like to give each stage at least a week before I ramp it up. Maybe for you it will be adding 1 minute in time every so often.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MargieAnne, I have to remember to take it easy, I have paid for it a bit today, so think I will stick with the 1k for the next few days anyway :)

      Delete
  2. Wow Jackie I bet you are so proud of yourself in cracking the 1km.You are an inspiration.

    Southgirl x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, not an inspiration yet, but maybe one day again :)

      Delete
  3. Good work Jackie - keep it up !
    Have a great weekend !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! You must feel such a sense of accomplishment. Yes, you used to do half marathons and all of that but look how you're picking yourself back up after an enormous set-back. Well done to you! And I've heard on the news how cold your weather has been. And those leggings are very eye-catching xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. True, and hey you never know they might find a cure and I can do another half marathon, if only lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am wondering how you are able to stand in those shoes ? This is not any sort of criticism- I have rsd as well and can't wear shoes so if you can i am curious what you have done to help you?
    thanks, elle

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL I wish, those legs and shoes are not mine, just pictures of the net of someone else wearing them....I live in jandals and ballet flat shoes :)

    ReplyDelete