Saturday, June 29, 2013

Loving yourself....

    Why do so many people not love themselves when they are overweight, why do people think they have to be a certain size to belong, regardless of our size, we deserve to belong and be treated with respect no matter what size we are. I have been thinking about this for a while now, just because I am not a size 10, does not mean I am worthless. But how can people respect me when I don't respect myself, over the last couple of months, I have been neglecting myself, so I have decided to do my plus size clothes pics again, I really enjoyed doing them, this time they wont be weekly, they will be when I feel like it, no pressure :). I also am going to vlog the sample-bar and goodie-box I get monthly. My hair needs retouching again and my eyebrows also need to be reshaped and dyed... these I will do over the next week or two, just before we go to Aussie, I am thinking of getting my nails done as well. Oh yeah not sure if any of you watched 'Curvy Girls', it is about plus size modelling, and can be watched online if you live in New Zealand, click 'here' for the link, they are up too series 2 now, I find the show quite interesting, not a must see but if you are a bit bored worth checking it out. 

     On Monday I am starting my study, I will do the study at home, but when I work on my website/blog, I have decided to go to a coffee shop or something to work on it sometimes, just so I get out the house and be around people. I am missing adults in my life, I know I wont meet people so much in the coffee shop, but I will be around people that I can smile to or say hello, also that will mean that I will make an effort with my appearance some days of the week. I am going to start with one day a week to go out and do this and aim to do it twice a week. I desperately miss adult company. And hey I might even make a friend :).

     Today we went to my Aunty, she is looking so frail, but we had a nice couple of hours with her, and she enjoyed seeing the twins again. The meds they have placed her on are giving her a few weeks of quality life, (not that quality of life is easy when you know you only have a very short time to live). I am hoping to maybe see her one more time... and we got some lovely photos of us together. Here is a photo of my aunty, uncle, my twins and me... taken today.
     
     I need to find something for me, they do have a belly dancing group here in Rotorua and it has always been something I would love to try, so am going to check that out on our return from Aussie. I am also going to start back at the pool when we come back. So with both of those and a small walk most days, and going out a couple days a week to a coffee shop/park or something to work on my blog/website, that should hopefully pick me up. I have nothing to lose and just like I said above, I might just make a friend out of it.

     Since the CRPS, I seem to have lost friendships, not only because of the CRPS, but moving to Rotorua, meant the friends I had are now further away, and sitting at home is not going to help me make friends, so I need to get out. 

     I can choose to sit at home day after day, or I can choose to get out and about and be in adult company, and hopefully something positive will come out of it. First up will be to get my eyebrows and hair retouched up, that aways makes me feel better about myself. Anyway I am tired now so off to bed, this is a really late night for me :)



     

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like lots of small positive steps. Definately go for the belly dancing, if is a heap of fun and is one thing the skinny chicks are not as good at, you need curves:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL so true Tracy, looking forward to it I think :)

      Delete
  2. Wow Steph & Chris are looking fantastic :) glad you got to see your aunt and hopefully will again soon too

    Take care yourself

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they do actually grow up, when they were born, I kept thinking they wouldn't get older than 5 :)

      Delete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about your auntie. That's not good news. It's hard when you move to a new area to make friends. We moved a few years ago (from one side of Sydney to another) and I had to start all over again too but didn't find it too difficult as having a young child is a huge help - you meet people at his school, social activities, sports etc. I think the swimming sounds like it would be very good - it's a great non-jarring exercise where it's almost impossible to injure yourself, it's great for your health and weight loss and I joined a squad that accommodated all levels and I made friends with the other mums in the squad. I hope that's a help! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks yeah it all happened so quickly not nice... It is easier to meet when you have kids that are younger....

      Delete
  4. Lovely photo and so precious to have.

    Look forward to your 'Glamour Pics.' It's hard to make an effort when you are not getting out of the house. I enjoyed getting decent clothes on today.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glamour pics lol..... yeah right :) It does make a difference doesn't it, getting dressed up :)

      Delete