Thursday, June 20, 2013

Now is as good a time, as any....

I was sitting at home, watching mindless TV, when a bit of sun came out between the rain..... so got on my walking shoes and went for a small walk, a little way into it, it started raining, and I thought bugger it, I was going to get wet anyway so carried on and did 0.89 km in 10 min 18 sec..... I am not going to lie it hurt like buggery, I may have shed even a tear or two, as well as a few spoken words, but I did it, came home threw on some warm dry clothes and can now sit here and feel good about myself as my limbs warm up, and the pain subsides..... and you know what I don't feel guilty for watching mindless TV for the rest of the afternoon, I would have been in pain had I not gone for my walk, and I am in more pain for going for the walk but psychologically my mind feels 90% better than what it did 30 minutes ago. And I know when I psychologically feel proud of something that I have done, the pain is a different sort of pain, a proud pain maybe. But at least today when I cry because the pain is bad, I still know I walked 0.89km's more than what I had planned to do. 

I have no study for the next few weeks, I have no-where I need to be today, I can sit here and nurture my body and be proud of what I have achieved today :)


Now I am going to go and watch Emmerdale with a smile on my face, and tell the CRPS, that it is no longer going to be in control of my life anymore :)


Next goal to work on alongside the walking is getting back into the pool :)

9 comments:

  1. Way to go Jackie.That 1km is soooooooo close.Enjoy the rest of your relaxing day.

    Southgirl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lorraine, am stoked I did it, and yes tomorrow will be the 1k if not as wet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohooo - well done !!! Good for you - enjoy your afternoon !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and yip I did enjoy the afternoon :)

      Delete
  4. Good for you. And you sound so upbeat! That's excellent. There's always so much more we gain from exercise than just getting fit. It certainly does have great psychological benefits xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me the psychological side of it, is more important for me right now, and hoping the fitness will be the bonus :)

      Delete
  5. I didn't realise you now have a study break. Good timing.

    We are home. Lots of weird crunching as we walked on the deck to carry our stuff inside tonight. We just missed a hail storm. It's been a long day so winding down now.

    Congratulations on your walk. Great job.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete