Friday, August 9, 2013

Emotional Day....

A part of me is ready to go home, the other part of me wants to stay here, but that is not possible yet.... long  term we are thinking of moving here one day if possible, but that is a long time away yet, unless we win the $10 million (or it could be $20 million but hey $10 million can go a long way) lotto tomorrow night :). Today we are just relaxing enjoying the last day looking out the windows listening to the waves and watching the surfers and I will be reflecting.

I love that within 20 minutes from Broadbeach there is so many things to see and do, and yearly passes on things are cheap here, for about $500 you could have annual passes for most of the big attractions and wildlife parks etc, I would love to be able to walk around these places on weekends, and there are enough different ones not to get bored :). Food is so much cheaper here, well this time of year anyway, strawberries and watermelon are available this time of year and really nice. Tomatoes are only $1.99 (Aussie) a kilo, in NZ they are near $10 a kilo. They have awesome specials in their supermarkets.

Things need to change when I get home, I cannot let myself get into the rut I had been in before we came here..... I was close to depression, how I am going to change those things I am not sure yet but I have too. The weather has been awesome here averaging 23 degrees a day. I need to relax and not focus so much on getting housework done, one decision I have made is that I will go back to part time study next year. 

I have pushed through some pain barriers these holidays, yes I have used the chair but I also have done lots of walking for me, I made sure all my pain meds were taken and nausea tablets taken, I made sure I rested heaps when out walking all little things which helped too, I have to continue this when back home. I also purchased heaps of converse shoes (6 pairs to be exact) as they have given me good support and so comfy and have a thick base, so don't feel every stone and uneven paths, which trigger pain in the ankle, and better still they are all trendy now, no longer just the boring black and white :). So many things are going to change for me after this trip, and it will start straight away, because it does not take long to get back in a rut. I don't want to be walking just around the streets, I need to drive somewhere and make the walks worth it, I am not talking about walks for fitness, I am talking about walks or probably strolls in my situation, and also just to get out. I am going to get a yearly pass for 'Rainbow Springs' as that is a nice walk, and see what else is around in Rotorua to walk around :). The walks are not going to be about km's and times, it is about getting out for enjoyment.

My aunty is still hanging in there, I am so pleased I will be able to go to the funeral, I will not go and see her, the last time I saw her was a really happy positive visit and thats what I want to remember. 

Now I am going to sign of for my now and enjoy the last full day today and ponder about the future for me and us as a family :).



This smile has to stay :)

Phew can just fit all our gear in.... I was really beginning to think we couldn't lol

8 comments:

  1. So sad you're leaving but you sound so positive again, love it :)

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne, I really need to stay positive, hard to do when we go back to Rotorua, but I will do it somehow :)

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful post Jackie !!! I hope you do make those positive changes when you get home.
    I'm glad you will be able to go to your aunt's funeral when she does pass away - I think that closure is what people need.
    Enjoy your last day - travel safely !
    Love, hugs and positive energy !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda and thank you so much for meeting up, one day we hope to come here to live, when there is a will there is a way....

      Delete
  3. I felt similar tothis when out time in Hawaii was coming to an end. It was really hard to leave yet at the same time I was ready to come home and I was refreshed enough to get on with life in spite of some of the hard things going on.

    Love your attitude and getting outside is a major key to living well. Hopefully our spring weather will co-operate and we will be able to enjoy the outdoors more. Thumbs up for an annual pass to Rainbow Springs. While it is a prime tourist spot you can it's possible to not be overwhelmed by people all the time.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne, somehow I will do it, I have to, I don't ever want to be the person I was before we left again :)

      Delete
  4. love the positive post...hope to see the beautiful smile of yours often.

    Safe travels home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen, I really hope I can keep this smile going :)

      Delete