Monday, August 19, 2013

Today....

we said goodbye to Tante Gerda, another piece of our family gone.

Today has been a tiring day, not just the funeral but also the many emotions I have experienced today....

Joy my cousin said a beautiful speech on behalf of aunties family, my aunty choose the funeral she wanted and it was a beautiful way to end a life. 

Today my cousins and I made a pact to catch up twice a year, and not just at funerals or weddings, we are all of similar age and all get on, this is something I will treasure, we are just going to randomly choose 2 dates in the year and catch up. 

Today has got me thinking about the future and what is important and what isn't.....

I need to change things in my life..... what I do know, how I don't know... what I do know is another beautiful women was taken away from us, she lived life right to the end, and if nothing else I have learnt today that life can be taken away from us quickly, and if I look back on my life I have regrets and I don't want that :(.

A couple of things have happened today that have upset me even more......  I will be pissed of tonight about it, but tomorrow is a new day and a day to move forward :)

4 comments:

  1. Hope you get some good rest tonight. It's been a big day. I'm glad you and your cousins have decided to meet twice a year and I hope you will make sure it happens. Someone always has to take the lead so if it's you that's something you will enjoy planning.

    Give yourself space to grieve and ponder and remember. There will be many sad moments particularly over the next few weeks.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will make sure it happens :), and yip today was harder than yesterday :(.

      Delete
  2. Hi. I thought you would enjoy looking at the photos along the Sulphur Point walkway by a Rotorua artist. Here's the link http://janetkeen.blogspot.co.nz/2013/08/spring-on-rotorua-is-best-for-me-along.html

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that will check it out tonight :)

      Delete