Monday, September 9, 2013

Moving forward...

Enough about complaining about the past, now is the time to think about the future. I have a goal, it is a two year goal... for this goal to happen, I need to be as healthy as possible, so the first step is that dreaded word "DIET", I am not really doing a diet of anything in particular, basically cut out processed foods, which is so much easier in spring and summer, when salads and summer fruit are surrounding us. My short term weight-loss goals will be lots of 10 kilos. Achievable with out being daunting :).

On the home front, we have decided that every 2nd Sunday, we will have a family BBQ or dinner, as Sundays is the day that Steph does not normally work and it is alt weekends when Chris is here, so it will be the family and the kids boyfriend and girlfriend. Should be nice as we don't seem to see each other much, even though we all live under the same roof :). 

Oh yeah I have been invited to trial a liquid eyeliner, should be arriving this week, am not that confident with liquid eyeliners but should be fun, I will write up the review on my other 'blog' when I have tried it. 



Am hoping my clothes I ordered in the sale from Autograph will arrive this week as well, but sometimes they are quite slow with delivery, oh and my jeans should arrive this week, I really hope I like them.

The twins are turning 18 on the 28th September, man those 18 years have gone fast, when they were babies I never thought they would be this old lol, I don't know what I expected them to do, but growing up was not on the agenda :)

Oh yeah won another $20 on the Aussie lotto on the weekend, have just about broken even, and I am now also verified so when I win the big one, they can now send me the cheque :).

Anyway onto planning how I am going to do my first 10 kilo loss, thinking low carb might be worth a try again.... just maybe, but first thing is weighing in. 

11 comments:

  1. Great idea breaking your losses into smaller goals - more achievable and more motivating as you achieve them.
    I like the idea of family BBQ's - we are all so busy it's too easy to get caught up in rusing around and not actually connecting with those near and dear to us.
    Have the best week !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Me, hope the BBQ's will bring us a bit closer together again :)

      Delete
  2. I think diets are so much easier in the summer months. I love your new banner image. Good luck with the eye liner trial - I'm not too good with the liquid ones! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I will video the first time I use it lol - but then again maybe not :)

      Delete
  3. All the best with your plan.

    Just cutting out processed foods should lower your carbs significantly. lots of people seem to call this eating Real Food.

    I'm so frustrated. I might even try a Whole 30 which seems to be some kind of elimination. My reluctance stems from not wanting to give up cheese and yoghurt. Maybe when we get back from Christchurch in November of my weight is still stuck.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks cause the nausea has gone mostly, my appetite has increased, and I need to knock the junk food on the head :).

      Delete
  4. Instead of doing low carb, why not try Mark Sisson's Primal? It is basically low carb but I think the term low carb brings images of loads of meat and bacon etc whereas it is more about good healthy clean foods. I find winter as easy as summer to eat healthy - stews, soups etc but I'm looking forward to summer BBQs again too!

    The truth is whatever you choose to do must be a change forever. Not a diet. Diets really don't work and you've tried them already. I can't emphasise enough how cutting wheat (and sugar) from my diet has changed everything. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynda, will check out the primal site again :)

      Delete
  5. Lucky you with the lotto...must have rubbed onto me as just before I read your post I found out I had had a small win too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on your lotto win, enjoy spending it :)

      Delete
  6. Hi

    I can remember when the twins started school...time has gone quickly...

    Cheers Peta

    ReplyDelete