Sunday, December 22, 2013

Nearly 2014

Tonight I made up my 2014 goal sheet, I have set 5 goals, placed them nicely on an A4 with lovely pictures, printed it off and it is now hanging in the bedroom, where I will see it daily. For this year we did a 5 year plan, at the beginning of the year, but while David's mum is still living independently, we cannot move, so we decided to do it 1 year at a time. 

Today we got a bit of a scare with Biscuit, she had stopped walking this morning and was dragging her body around, so we got a vet appointment, and they have given her an injection, which needs to be done weekly for 4 weeks, some anti-inflammatory tablets and some glucosamine for the arthritis. She is a lot better this afternoon, we have had to remove the beanbags she was sleeping in, as she was finding them to hard to get out off.... poor little Miss Biscuit, and we are $160 poorer right on Christmas, good thing we had got all the presents :). 



Yesterday (Saturday) we went out for lunch, Rotorua has this street called Eat Street, it is all restaurants/pubs except for 1 hairdresser, smack bang in the middle. They used to close the road off every summer so people could eat outside etc. They have been upgrading it over the last 6 months, it is nearly finished but the rest will be done next year to complete it. Now it looks like this, (before the did it up, it was just a road and parking):




And just when it starts looking good, one of the restaurants goes into liquidation right on Christmas it was a shame as Triple 1 five was quite a nice place to eat, here they were stripping the whole thing out, with a sign saying closed for 3 days for renovations "Yeah Right". We ate at "Relish", which is also changing names in about 3 weeks. I would never want to take anyone to Rotorua before to Eat Street, because it was pretty scruffy and depressing. 



We then went to the "Sound-shell Market" again, being so close to Christmas they were there for 2 days, I found this cool Kombi biscuit holder, but instead of biscuits I have filled it up with wrapped chocolates. 


After that we went to New World supermarket, and in there they had these Designer Brand eyeshadow's for $3, well I could not let that bargain go by, so got 1 and may or may not have got 1 for my daughter for in her santa sack. And hey if I don't like it or she doesn't like it, it is only $3, or I can pass it on to someone else. I see a few people have them on "Trade Me", (a New Zealand trading site like Ebay) for a nice profit lol, I should have thought of that :)



I had been wondering how I could hang my earrings and thought of this idea, it is perfect, still have to hang a few more but you get the gist of it, little drawing pins stuck into some cork-board. :)


Anyway thats it from me for now, have a happy Monday tomorrow and catch you all later :)

3 comments:

  1. $3??? Heck I would have got one too! I hope Biscuit gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry christmas my friend, to you David and the kids. been so busy, but work is finished presents bought and wrapped and now time is to relax from here. Having xmas day at Colins mum's, then the kids all on boxing day.Josh is going away for about 3 days to his brothers in Hams so we might disappear but will be home next week if you guys want to catch up.

    lotsa love and have a merry christmas. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you and all your family. I hope you had a peaceful and relaxing day. I'm pleased to hear Biscuit is making a good recovery but what a shame about her arthritis - do debilitating. I love how improved the shopping centre is - it looks very smart now. I hope the rest of the restaurants are able to survive xx

    ReplyDelete