Sunday, January 12, 2014

A bit of this and a little of that...

A challenge I have set myself is to make 1 meal a week thats new... I have many lovely cookbooks I buy but never use, and today I got this one of Trade Me :)



Give me anything to do with beach and a bach and I am in :)

Today we went out for breakfast to this new cafe opened up in Rotorua, sorry the photos are not great I forgot the camera and only had the iPhone... Its called "Be Rude Not To", it as an awesome cafe, with free range eggs, many gluten free options, allergy friendly, and also dairy free products. The food was really nice and the ice chocolate tasted really nice as well. Its been there four weeks and well worth a visit :)




We then went to the local craft market which was good too, I so wish I was a crafty person... they had some really cool stuff there, but sadly out of my price range :)




After that we went for a stroll on the lake front, first time I have seen the bottom of the lake in a very long time.



We then came home, and my body had a bit of a meltdown.... not good, came right after a while - I hate this when it happens. 

Did enjoy the day though, tonight we are having a BBQ for dinner, Davids turn to cook, he does every Sunday night :)

Am really tired now, keep dozing so going to have a nap I think - night night all :)

I am tired, so tired not just from today, but from the funeral, watching our beloved dog slipping away, personal family issues which I can not discuss here, the stress between David and I. I just need a week where I can have some down time, but I can't seem to get it yet, 12 days into 2014 and I have been through more in these 12 days than what I had to deal with all last year, well it feels like it right now. Study is getting harder as the semester heads towards an end..... I am getting into a flare my arms are burning, I feel like I am sunburnt really bad, but I am not. If things don't ease up soon, I am not sure where I will be. I know this week is going to be hard because of the personal family issue, but just maybe after that things just may settle down. Add to that coming off the methadone.... no wonder I am heading into a flare, but I am going to try and turn it around before it gets to bad, I am doing my "Jon Kabat Zinn" mindfulness, my mirror therapy - just maybe I can get it before it gets me - I am certainly going to give it my best shot :)

Oh and I did post on my other blog if you want to check it out... click "here"


1 comment:

  1. Oh Jackie - I'm so sorry that you are having such a difficult time at the moment. I hope that things improve for you soon. Take a few deep breaths - prioritise what needs to be done and leave the stuff that isn't important until you are able to tackle it.
    Sending heaps of love, hugs and positive energy your way !
    Me

    ReplyDelete