Monday, January 6, 2014

Can it get much worse, don't think so....

Things have to turn around, the funeral is Wednesday, we saw the wife today of the guy who died, she has asked David to read a poem, which is nice.

The good news - since I have been feeding Biscuit all these lovely meals made from mince, chicken etc, all nice fresh no processed food, she is looking so much better. Today she started the prednisone and the vet thinks we may get an extra month or two of quality life for her. She is still only eating small amounts but she is keeping it down, which she wasn't before. She is still very slow and still has wobbly legs when she walks, but she has a little more life to her, it is so much nicer to see than what we saw only a few days ago. Hmmmm maybe I should take a look at Biscuit and use that theory on myself, cut at precessed crap :)

Went to my GP today, and we have decided to start reducing my methadone, to half of what I am on currently, this is going to take 8 months as we don't want any withdrawal symptoms. A long slow process.

My car is getting old and starting to clock up the miles now, so am thinking that later in the year if I am still able to drive, I might upgrade it, as for now moving to Aussie won't be happening for at least at 3-4 years and my car is not going to last that long, anyway as the kids are older and we no longer have family outings and if we do then we still have David's car, but anyway back into what I was talking about, I am looking closely at getting a VW Beetle, they have come down in price and they go up to 2000CC, and they come in automatic which is what I need because of the CRPS - and the most important thing I LOVE THEM :)

Anyway thats it from me today, am feeling a little more positive about life now :)

6 comments:

  1. Glad biscuit is comfy and luv the positive thoughts sorry again for your friend :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna, Biscuit is feeling so much better today :)

      Delete
  2. I love VWs. My thoughts with you regarding the loss of your friend. It's good that Biscuit seems brighter this week. I cannot imagine how difficult the last couple of weeks have been.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MargieAnne, all of this can only make me stronger :)

      Delete
  3. What a lovely tribute by your friends wife to ask David to read a poem.
    Glad Biscuit is brighter….

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen, he did really well, lost it on the 2nd to last line though :)

      Delete