Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Nearly the end of another month.....


My marriage may be on the rocks but I am doing ok - I feel like I am coming back, after a few months feeling in the dumps and hating life, things are looking up....

Today I went for a 1.75k walk, so nearly at the 2k mark, then 3k's then 4k's and so on, I am also up to 6 minutes on the exercycle - yip to most of you that may seem like nothing, but to me with CRPS it is an amazing achievement.... I used to get down about doing small bits of exercise, today I am proud of my achievement :)

I have been playing around with my make-up and the make-up desk in the bedroom, and loving taking pride in myself now... tomorrow I get my nails done so tomorrow night I will put some nice nail polish on them. I am trying to learn how to put liquid eyeliner on my left eye, with a CRPS hand/wrist/arm it is not an easy job, the right eye is perfect but I always muck up the left eye, so everyday I am practicing the left eye, one day it will happen :).

Tomorrow a week, I will be reducing the methadone another 1/2 tablet, so far no real withdrawals symptoms, the pain has definitely increased, but it is still at a level I can cope with, I just make sure I do more meditations and use the tens machine more. And if you have been following this blog for a while you will know I have had issues with constipation, well as the methadone reduces, it seems to be helping with the constipation as well, so I feel like things are really starting to look up.

As for my marriage, I am not going to stress about that for now, I just am going with the flow and later in the year I will see where things are going, I am just trying to live in a harmonious house, and do not put myself in positions where there could be stress.

Anyway thats it from me for now, catch you all soon :)

12 comments:

  1. Great about the walk and reducing the methadone.It's horrible taking any med you don't really want to be on.

    As for your marriage all you can do is the best you can. I'm sorry it's so difficult.

    Thinking of you daily.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MargieAnne, I am really hoping I can come of all the meds over time, but that is a long way down the track, month by month it goes :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your marriage dramas, Jackie. I'm pleased to hear you are doing well with your exercise - you've certainly increased your walking distance. I hope you do have that harmonious household you are hoping for xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlie, though the marriage is not really working out, at least it is not to stressful, and apart from the very odd yelling fight, it is ok, a flatting situation I think is the best way to describe it :)

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry to hear your marriage is causing you grief .Walking has improved that's awesome. Take each day as it comes Jaxx thinking of you....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thans Donna, I am really hoping to hit the 2k mark in the next couple of days :)

      Delete
  4. Well done on your walking and exercise - go you !!!!! Good luck with cutting back on your pain medication - I hope that you continue to improve with less medication.
    Thinking of you !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, I finger my brain has to improve with the med decrease, hell it can't get much worse :)

      Delete
  5. I hope you can continue to cut the medication a little and great job on the exercise. Thanks for the link to the fotor edit - it's great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Jackie..you're doing so well. Hope you see more improvements next week too.

    ReplyDelete