Friday, March 14, 2014

A bit of this and a bit of that...

In about 3 weeks time, I am going to start doing things I enjoy again...I have become a recluse and I hate it... I need to be surrounded by the beach, a little sun and things I enjoy... I say 3 weeks time cause that is when the budget allows it, as I have 'car license due', 'warrant due', Chris's 'restricted license' to pay for, and his 'driving lessons', I always get a few lessons before they sit the test, and then I am going to study a little more in the weekends and have 1 day of a week, looking at Wednesday at this stage and I am going to do something special, it could be going to the beach, shopping, movies, and whatever else takes my fancy at the time, hell I might even catch up with lost friends. I have a good time frame of about 7am - 3pm, where I am alert enough to drive etc... I am going to vlog it as well. I worry about what happens in the afternoons, at about 3pm onwards, I have to sleep, I get nauseous and feel really unwell and if I don't sleep the nausea just gets worse and worse until the anti nausea med kicks in, and then I seem to crash, most days, prob 6/7 days a week, I am not sure if it is the CRPS, or a side effect from the meds, but I hate it..... Thats why I need to be back home by 3pm if I go out.

Right now 9 years ago today mum passed away, 9 years seems so long, it certainly does not feel like it, right now at this time, I was sitting next to the bed with dad holding mums hand when she went.... a privilege to be there at that time. 

Yesterday I talked about professional blogs and my dislike for them, well not all of them are bad, in fact if you ever want to read an informative blog (I am not sure if she calls it a professional blog or not - sorry if you don't, but I am sure Charlie will forgive me if I have it wrong), anyway go and check out this blog "Hotly Spiced", this blog is so much fun to read, she writes awesome and once you start reading it, it will become a regular fix - you just get hooked, her blog always brings a smile to my face in the way she writes it... I read all sorts of blogs, another favourite is "Her Library Adventures" she has just had a baby daughter and the love she has for her surroundings and family/friends is expressed so much in her writing, another is "thats so yesterday", a fashion blog but love her style so much :)

I have yet to watch this movie, but will be looking at it this weekend, it is the film that Seaworld never wants anyone to see.... the move is "Blackfish" - "Blackfish tells the story of Tilikum, a performing killer whale that killed several people while in captivity. Along the way, director-producer Gabriela Cowperthwaite compiles shocking footage and emotional interviews to explore the creature’s extraordinary nature, the species’ cruel treatment in captivity, the lives and losses of the trainers and the pressures brought to bear by the multi-billion dollar sea-park industry. This emotionally wrenching, tautly structured story challenges us to consider our relationship to nature and reveals how little we humans have learned from these highly intelligent and enormously sentient fellow mammals". The more I am learning about places like Seaworld the less supportive I am off them, also "SAFE" put this on their Facebook page today - 

"CAPTIVITY HURTS! Tilikum is a performing Orca taken from the wild. In his rightful ocean home he would have stayed with his family group for LIFE and travelled huge distances every day, up to 100 miles. Now he spends his time in a tiny pool, forced to perform for entertainment with no company. Google Earth shows in horrifying detail just how little space Tilikum and the other Orcas at SeaWorld Orlando have".


Today I did my nails in the other 2 colours of the "Lime Crime" nail polish I got from "Beauty Bliss" the other day, am really loving these colours as well - they are "Once In A Blue Moose" and "crema-de-limon" - which I can not find on their page at the moment. How true this is all I am not sure, I am hoping for the whale's sake, it isn't really happening, but I will certainly be looking more into this, but somehow I have a funny feeling this could actually be true. 


Also I found this today while looking on the web... something I am really starting to believe in :)


Have a fantastic weekend all, and come Monday or Tuesday I am hoping to have my first official vlog up and will be starting on going wheat free :)

No comments:

Post a Comment