Friday, May 30, 2014

Hi all....


Yip been a few days again, studying for exams is my excuse.... ;)

Anyway onto walking am still walking between 3.4 and 3.8kms every 2nd day, though I did get a bit of a scare the other day, was walking pretty quickly cause it was cold and I was feeling pretty good - till my leg got wicked cramp in it, this of course gave me a jolt and then I twisted my leg at the same time... it hurt, I cried but made it home, I was so tempted to ring Chris to come and get me but then thought, no I am going to get home by myself, well with Chico anyway lol. So lesson learnt, don't walk fast just because I am feeling like I can run walk a half marathon... so after a couple of days rest, I walked again, but this time at a much slower pace, so though I am still walking the same distance it is a slightly slower pace, which is fine cause I am doing this for enjoyment and health, not to complete a race in a quick time. 

I did an order from Lush the other day, as so many people say how wonderful it is, I have got the odd thing in the past, and found it ok, but nothing to exciting..... anyway I needed a change of shampoo and conditioner, as well as some new face products... I got these for my hair - in just the 100ml amount, in case I didn't like it:

"Daddy-O Shampoo"




I had been using "Sorbet Soild Shampoo" for a couple of years, so felt my hair needed a change, hence why I tried Lush.... I dislike both these products, my hair tangles really easy when straight out of the shower.... and it makes my head itchy, so am back now to the solid shampoo until my next lot I ordered arrived, it is from "Carol's Daughter", I have their "Monoi Repairing Hair Mask", which is brilliant, so figured there shampoo and conditioner would be awesome, and it also has great reviews, this should arrive next week, I ordered the "Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Sulfate-Free Shampoo Hair Care"  and "Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Conditioner Hair Care"



From Lush I had ordered this face stuff, the moisturiser made my face all sticky all day and I just didn't like the feel of the cleanser, the toner was not to bad though.

This cleanser is called "Ultrbland"


The Toner which I quite liked is called "Breath of fresh Air"

And the moisturiser I bought was "Imperialis", I didn't like this at all....

I also purchased these to try - "Sparkle Toothy Tabs", they are interesting, still not sure if I like them or not lol. 



As those were a failure for my face, I ordered these - "Carol's Daughter Acai Clarifying Foam Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin) Skincare"


And this toner - "Carol's Daughter Acai Clarifying Exfoliating Toner (Normal to Oily Skin) Skincare"


And this moisturiser - "Carol's Daughter Acai Clarifying Face Lotion (Normal to Oily Skin) Skincare"


So hopefully this will work better than the Lush stuff, I think I must be the only person in New Zealand, who does not really like Lush stuff, including the smell. And of course they are animal friendly :)

I have had a couple of people ask me if I have lost weight lately, I must admit I was tempted to jump on the scales but then decided no, in case they don't show a loss, it would make me feel like crap, when currently I am feeling pretty good.

Study is going well, met my supervisor/reader/writer for my exams today, the lady that normally does it is away, I have 3 exams, one is an open book, one is 3 hours, and the other two are two hours. I have a supervisor/reader/writer as I need to get up and walk around regularly, and also if my hand/wrist gets to sore, she will become my writer, I do the exams at her place.

Anyway thats about it for now, I will hopefully do another couple of blogs in the next few days for my monthly subscription boxes I receive. 

Well 19 days till Aussie, am not that excited yet, have to knuckle down for exams, and have a few doctors visits before that, plus get my eyebrows, hair and nails all done before I go. Am thinking of buying a "Clarisonic Plus", when over in Aussie, my daughter laughed when I told her I was thinking of getting one, as she said my skin is perfect, I told her I want it to stay perfect lol. I must admit I have never had any issues with my face, got the odd pimple but that was about it. I am thinking of getting the Clarisoinc Plus, which comes with the face and body cleansing brush. If you have used one or own one, can you please let me know in comments what you think of them thanks :)

This weekend is a long weekend in New Zealand, not much planned here, maybe the markets and think thats about it for now, of course will also go for a couple of walks :).

Have a great weekend all, stay safe and drive careful if you are planning to go away :)

No comments:

Post a Comment