Sunday, May 25, 2014

Why do so many.....


young people feel that living is so hard. New Zealand has one of the highest teen suicide rates in the world....

To many people can not cope with the pressures that society puts on them.... In one generation technology has jumped so fast- it is scary for me, yet alone teens.

Another person tried to take her life again last night, what the hell is New Zealand doing so wrong, that time and time again these kids are attempting suicide over and over again till they succeed, or what are we doing so wrong that a lot of teens that try succeed the first time...

It breaks my heart every time I hear of another kid (and I say kid, cause they are still kids a lot of them) that attempts to end their lives.....

Is it really that bad out there for these teens.... must be - I think this is one of the hardest things with having twins in this age bracket, hearing them tell me another one of their friends or a friend of their friends has succeeded or attempted to end their life.

It needs to change, this cannot continue.....

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yip it is.... and with technology nowadays bullying is so easy, which appears to be a large part in youth suicide.

      Delete
  2. Very very sad…
    Read about it a lot here too and my granddaughter who is 12 told me her friend, a 13 year old, funeral was held last week…she couldn't cope with her life anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so sad, especially when they are not even teenagers, children as young as 9 or 10 are doing it why?

      Delete
  3. How utterly sad these poor kids must be to feel that dying is the best option.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is sad... something needs to happen to stop this but what?

      Delete
  4. So very sad !!!
    Thinking of you.
    Me xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so true, Jacqui that it absolutely needs to stop. I think our suicide rates are about the same as yours which is tragic when you think we live in countries that are so privileged compared with so many other places. I don't know why this generation is so troubled but so many of them must feel there is no hope xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I would not want to be a teenager in todays society... maybe the problem is because we are so privileged, it puts so much pressure on teens.

    ReplyDelete