Monday, June 16, 2014

Been thinking....


a lot about my CRPS, lately, well not thinking about it actually, I still have the website and still have a public Facebook page where I add stuff, but apart from that the CRPS has taken a back seat. Yes everyday I still feel the pain and see the symptoms, but I no longer think about it anymore, if that makes sense. I have removed myself from all support groups, don't get me wrong they are awesome when you need them, but they can also be a negative when you get to a certain stage - it is 6 years this month since I broke my leg which developed CRPS. On my news feed I was getting heaps of posts about CRPS being more painful than this and that.... and heaps of negative posts about CRPS, and people saying how bad it is... don't get me wrong again this is what support groups are about, but I no longer need or want that on my newsfeed anymore. CRPS is there, just like my arm is there, and my leg is there... it will be with me for the rest of my life - and though I hate the meds because of them I am in a pretty normal place right now. So anyway that is enough about CRPS that I am no longer thinking about it anymore lol. But I do want to mention one thing though and that is how many people commit suicide because they feel they have no other option, well actually not feel, they don't have any other choice, there is no cure, (and once CRPS starts spreading to the organs, there are not many options available) else I am sure they would not do it. Can it happen to me, yes it can happen to anyone with CRPS, mine has spread to the opposite side of me, and if it does it does, I am not going to sit there and have it put in my face though daily anymore, life is to short to think about the what if's.....

Anyway the final exam was today, am not feeling that confident this time around, I really struggled with trying to remember the content, the only thing I can think that was different was that I had that food poisoning which had be bed ridden for 2 weeks, and another 2 weeks to come right.... anyway have 3 weeks till next semester begins, and two of those are in the Gold Coast, if I had not mentioned it before :)

Chico got a lovely little haircut this weekend just gone, she looks cute should do a photo but really can't be bothered lol - maybe tomorrow and I will do one of my nails tomorrow as well, then finish packing and fly out Wednesday......

Anyway am buggered think it will be an early night tonight - catch you all tomorrow with a photo of Chico and my nails :)


7 comments:

  1. I think your new approach is very positive, you have CRPS, you can do things to minimise the pain but it is something you have for life but it us not who you are. I cannot imagine what you have to deal with every day but am in awe of how strong you are. I remember reading your blog when you had the accident that triggered the CRPS, I cannot believe it has been 6 years. Have a fabulous time on the Gold Coast, you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracey, I plan to enjoy every minute of it, and yeah the time has gone so fast - to fast :)

      Delete
  2. I think that was an awesome post!! I couldn't agree more that reading negativity can impact you our thoughts. What will be will be but how wonderful that your thoughts can be more positive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynda, yip its nice not to see it in my face all the time, time to move forward :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Jackie ... saw this online today and thought of you.
    http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/Surfs-Up-Doormat/22463950

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole, that is awesome, if it is still there on my return, might have to get it :)

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed the post too and I applaud you and the way you are facing it head on.
    Hope you went better on the exam than you think you have. Enjoy your pamper tomorrow. x

    ReplyDelete