Saturday, June 21, 2014

Made it here....


Hi all, have been in the Gold Coast for 3 full days... We have internet hassles here so am going of my iPhone hotspot, which means no major uploads, so videos etc will have to wait on my return possibly. 

The flight over was brilliant and landing at the Gold Coast was so much easier than Brisbane and a much shorter drive to the apartment. We flew with Virgin Airlines, the staff were brilliant most people had a spare seat between them as being a Wednesday, they planes were not as busy as a weekend, which we have always done in the past. Once we arrived and unpacked and settled in, we went to Pacific Fair and got some groceries to see us through...

The apartment is ok, certainly not as nice as last years but then this one is $1000 less, it is still very nice with ocean views, and management have been excellent. A couple of small faults, one being the air conditioning is in the bedroom, but having said that we are used to that now and second the hassle with the internet, having said that, this is not really the apartments fault so much as an outsider internet company deal with that. Anyway after much frustration we are getting a refund, as the internet has been more off than on, so we will use the hotspot from my iPhone - which means no major uploads etc....

Day 2 we went to Ripleys Believe It or Not and then we did the AquaDuck, I had never been on an AquaDuck so that was kinda fun :)

Day 3 we went to Tamborine Mountain, where we did the Forest Skywalk, and after that we went to the Surfers Paradise Markets, which were ok :) At Tamborine Mountain, I got this cool orchid flower hair clip. It is a real orchid done in a resin, it is so cool :)
Day 4 we went to Carrara Markets, they were ok, nothing really different there, but tomorrow we are going to the Broadbeach Markets, which should be awesome, loved them last year and this year am hoping they might be better, as this weekend Broadbeach has the Country Music Festival on. After the markets we went to Pacific Fair, where I got some Havaianas Jandals, a Clarasonic Mia 2, also Myers had a massive stocktake sale, where I purchased 2 tops for 60% off, so we're down to like $50 rather than the $110 or some price similar. I didn't bring many clothes over and found the ones I did bring are still a little on the warm side, so now have a couple of cooler tops to wear with my leggings, and a cool pair of flats for $5 from Ruby, hell if they last the trip I will be stoked, I did bring over a couple of pairs of flats but they are both worn through a bit so uncomfortable especially when walking on gravel etc...

Next week we have planned a whale watching trip, on Monday or Tuesday, a trip to Byron Bay, Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, Q Deck, and not sure what else yet :)

Weather has been perfect for me, am walking a medium amount, am so glad I did those 4k's a few times before we left, have not had to use the chair yet - nights are about 17 degrees and days about 22 degrees. 


Anyway that's it for now, stay safe and have a fantastic Sunday :)

12 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie, Hope you're having fun on the Goldy! Im a fellow CRPS warrior, I live up on the Sunshine Coast (2.5hrs north of Gold Coast) Im going to be living in the Gold Coast Hinterland for the month of July looking at my aunts house while they're away overseas. Looks like you're exploring plenty of the gold coast sights! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, you are so lucky to be living here, one day I still hope that I can move over here, the winter here is so much better for my CRPS, rather than the winter in NZ :)

      Delete
  2. Good to hear from you. Looking forward to photos when you get home.

    Keep on having fun.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MargieAnne, Am hoping that maybe I can upload the odd photo, if I find free wifi lol. :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like fun - don't forget to just relax too... you are so busy! I'd love to be over there chilling out but my time will come :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynda, I am sure it won't be long till you are here, am resting at nights :)

      Delete
  4. Bugga about the internet, but glad to hear you are having a good time…rest up, relax and enjoy your time. Looking forward to hearing about the whale watching trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen, the whale watching was pretty good, was hoping to see a bit more of the whales, apparently it was a quiet day :)

      Delete
  5. So glad to hear you are having a good time. Looking forward to catching up on the weekend - will be in touch !
    Me xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope we can catch up, we have left the weekend pretty much free, so can fit in with you :)

      Delete
  6. Been wondering how your holiday is going and I'm so pleased to hear all is going well. It's a shame the apartment is a bit of a disappointment but I guess the dollars saved is a good thing. I'm about to go away for a week this Saturday and I'll also have to use the internet via hotspot! It's very trying I know! Enjoy your break and I hope the weather is good xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charlie, holiday is going awesome, weather is perfect - have an awesome time away, and hope the hotspots don't frustrate you to much lol :)

      Delete