Monday, June 30, 2014

Nearly at the end, or is it maybe a new beginning....


Health is important, in New Zealand the winters play havoc with my CRPS - (and yes I know I was not going to talk about CRPS but this is important), here in the Gold Coast we are in the middle of winter and though my CRPS has played up when I have overdone it, it has not played up because of the icy mornings, and the drastic temperature changes, and the rain we have throughout the day. For my CRPS to play up here is a positive, because that means I am walking so much more, and my body is adjusting to that - whereas in New Zealand I can hardly get out to walk, especially in the winter because the icy mornings and damp days plays havoc before I even leave the house...

David and I are going to seriously look at what we can do, because isn't health important and if it means my CRPS is flaring because I am overdoing it, can only mean that I am getting fitter, we have walked so much here, more than I ever COULD in New Zealand, because I am not waking up in pain. I am sleeping so much better and am sure that a lot of that is because, I am walking so much more, as well as not having the drastic temp. changes. I am like a different person here, I can also see myself working again over here, sooner rather than later. Yes I know we are on holiday and that makes a difference, but just not living in pain 24/7 is so powerful... 

In the meantime before we make the changes or maybe before I make the changes, I am going to get my body as fit and healthy as possible, I know the exercise side of things is much harder in the winter, but the food I can start changing now - so for me the first change is removing wheat from my body first and foremost, after researching for many months well prob longer there is a definite link between wheat and chronic pain. So step one is to remove wheat from my diet and thats it for now..... slowly I can do this... I am still not going to weigh in, or I may weigh at the start of each year or maybe never, and step two is come of all my meds, I don't believe I need to be on them living here.... 

Anyway today is a quiet day again, we are going for a drive around a bit, and hopefully catch up with Michelle, tomorrow is the "Gold Coast War Museum" for David and I will look around "Robina Town Centre". Then come back and pack, but hey we will be back this time next year again :)

Nearly the end of this holiday, but the beginning of planning to live my life in a happy relatively pain free environment is about to start. I am a great believer that things all fall into place when the time is right, I know I need to move over here to be happy and relatively pain free, and I will start planning for this, the timing of it I am not sure, but I do know that when the time is right, things will happen in my life, that makes it all doable. 


11 comments:

  1. Good luck Jax - I know you can do this !!!
    Take care
    Me xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, I can do this and I will :)

      Delete
  2. One thought - how would the very hot summers affect you? I agree about the winters. What about moving further north in NZ or would that not be warm enough. I can tell you we don't get very cold winters here in Auckland and I'm sure further north would be even better.

    Mind you, you've talked about moving over to Australia for a long time - maybe just do it !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had thought about that, but after living 20 years in Auckland I would never go back, and David also hates Auckland - its not just the weather it is the atmosphere and the friends I have here, especially now my closest friend Michelle is over here. The summers though they are hot, everything is air conditioned, and what isn't air conditioned I would not go to in the hottest months. As for further North, nothing really stands out for us... I think if we plan it properly we cannot really lose a lot if it all goes belly up, just need to make sure it is all planned well :)

      Delete
  3. My idea was similar to Lynda, Auckland or even further north. My concern about you moving to Aussie is the medical and employment sude if things. If all is well & David is working, great, but if he gets ill or your CRPS flates up, it could get stressful and financially disasterous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The medical side of things will be fine, providing I do all the proper paperwork, (I have checked), anywhere you live nowadays jobs are not guaranteed, if the worse comes to the worse we would just come back. Things could go belly-up, but they could also go belly-up if we moved to Auckland or up North, Aussie is not that far away that we couldn't pack up and come back. It could also go wonderful as well, a risk we have to take :) We can't live by the negative what if's else we will still be in the same place 10 years from now, with neither of us happy. I believe as long as we plan it properly and mini minimise all the risks, we can do this. We will not be packing up and selling everything straight away, we will store stuff etc and make sure we have enough money to live over there for minimum 6 months. And then if it does fail, we just come back and work out what next :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fair enough, you have obviously looked into it and you are right, you have to take risks and live the best and happiest life you can. You know whatever you decide I will be excited for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you've looking into the financial side (and medical side) then maybe just go for it? I know when we go over there we love the place and certainly can see why people move over. I too would never actually move to Auckland (even though I live here now) - there are some amazing places out of Auckland though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah there are Lynda, and maybe if this all falls through we can look at other options... but I know for me this is where I want to be and David loves it too.... it won't be happening anytime soon, we are looking at 2 years before we make the move, unless circumstances change and we win lotto ;). We want to make sure that everything is in place that we can make it a success :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lot of people in Sydney move to the Sunshine Coast when they start to suffer from chronic pain. Warm weather really does help so I can understand that you find the NZ climate difficult with your condition. I would agree with going gluten-free as I've been reading a lot about how gluten can inflame joints. I have a lot of GF recipes on my blog if you'd like some inspiration. It's always sad when a holiday comes to an end! xx

    ReplyDelete