Tuesday, August 12, 2014

And I thought no-one loved me......


I found heaps of comments on my dashboard that I had not received emails about this meant they were not published - so sorry for those I did not reply too.... 

One I will reply to is Peta, who suggested we could consider moving to Sydney - well one slight problem both David and I didn't click with Sydney, we loved it for a few short days on holiday but then we were glad to move on. Also we have a lot more friends in the Gold Coast/Brisbane area.

Speaking of Aussie, if you look this way ------> you will see a countdown clock, yes we booked our flights to Coolangatta for June 17th 2015 - 308 days away. We booked them now, as Air New Zealand has a 48 hour sale on to Aussie so for $380 we got 2 tickets to Coolangatta. We still have to get return as our return dates were not in sale, so will wait for another special to happen for that one, and we are still not sure if we are staying 2 or 3 weeks, we fly in again on a Wednesday and arrive in Australia about 2pm their time, like we did last time as it was perfect, we will just drive up to Auckland on the morning. This is after my exams and before the final semester starts for me then I graduate (well all going to plan). Also I will be off all my methadone by then, so will be interesting to see how it goes pain wise. 

So moving on from that, my BM's (Bowel Motions) are all pretty much under control, so I am now ready to go lower carb, NOT low carb, just lower carb.... also I have let my fitness slide a little, ok a lot so now Spring is near I am going to start walking Chico again, again it will be a no rush walk, it will be a just get out and enjoy walk, and in return that will get me fitter :)

So that folks these are my plans for the next 12 months:
  • Eat healthier, less carbs and more fresh foods rather than packaged - I know I said I was not going to weigh but I did this morning and will again every month. Surprising my weight was pretty much where it was still after I got ill that time. Also coming into Spring/Summer it is so much easier to eat healthier and fresher :).
  • Start getting into a walking plan with Chico - no real goals but would like to be walking 5-6k's comfortably 5 days a week by the time we fly out :).
  • Be off most if not all my meds, but will be off the methadone, and will probably still use Panadol and Tramadol as needed. 
  • Start saving for my spending money, we have enough money for the trip, hire car, tickets, accommodation etc... so I just need spending money. So no more buying after what I have just ordered in the last few weeks arrive lol. Am going to keep an eye on the Aussie $ and if it starts dropping we will go and get some cash changed over.
  • Keep focusing on distraction and meditations to help with pain as I reduce the meds. 
I am also going to keep blogging more regularly again, it helps me to focus on my goals, so there you go thats what is happening me with me :)

7 comments:

  1. yay for long term plans…great to have goals to work towards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen, and this time I am making them achievable :)

      Delete
  2. Some great goals to focus on, which web site do you use for your flights?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We use the Air New Zealand website, and when they have specials we book our tickets :)

      Delete
  3. Great goals and all achievable for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear you didn't click with Sydney as I love Sydney and much prefer it to the GC. But each to his own as I have a lot of friends who are from Sydney and moved to the GC and love it there. The one thing the GC has in its favour is weather! Their winter is so mild and short. It sounds like you have set some excellent goals for yourself xx

    ReplyDelete